Thursday, October 1, 2020

OCTOBER

 October 1st !!!!  HURRAY for autumn - even if there really isn't much difference in the weather here in Central Florida. It is still warm (mid-80's) but the breeze off the ocean has picked up and the humidity has dropped (a lot). So ... for us ... the weather is AUTUMNAL.

What does one do when the autumnal weather arrives? 

Go to the zoo with the best Grandie




At "almost 2", she was more interested in the Halloween decorations, plastic spinning pinwheels and all the benches to climb on and jump off.



In my sewing room, I'm working on some 4-patch posies. Connecting Threads has a great video on how to prep the fabric - you need 4 identical repeats.

This is the fabric I chose. It's been in the stash for years. I think it was going to be a backing - maybe?


Now, it's the center for these blocks.


So far - 16 blocks - done


Yes ... it's a "Use-It-Up" project. The dark red frame came from my 1.5" string basket. The yellow was from a backing-trim-off.
The 1/2-squares?
YES!!! I used up some more of those gifted parts. I need to update this photo. I've used quite a bit of these parts on different quilts.



I have 16 posy blocks that currently measure 8.5". Not sure where this project will go next, maybe 4 more blocks and some sashing. For now, it's waiting patiently while I move on to a new knitting project.

Best yarn name evah ... AUTUMNAL


I'm thinkg - cowl. There might be 1 or 2 days this winter that I could wear a cowl. 
Maybe I can convince My Cute Husband to head a bit north just so I can wear some handknits.  He's good about stuff like that.






No comments: