Thursday, September 24, 2020

Tidying Up ... AGAIN

 The struggle is real ... my sewing space is a constant disaster. When I'm in a mood-to-make, things fly around, fall off the table, get buried - you know - general mayhem.

I really do try to keep tidy. The rest of my house IS tidy.

SEW ... this happened again!

This is the "before"




Horizontal surfaces are my biggest downfall. A necessary evil, maybe I can manage with less.

I moved out my big giant (much loved) Horn cutting table. 
Insert sad face.
It's the perfect height, just the right amount of surface (to collect crap), sturdy sturdy sturdy. I've had it for 15 years, in 3 different houses.
GONE



It's amazing how wonderful it feels to walk into my happy place and feel happy! A little more floor space can make a huge difference.

Where did all the crap go?


I was in "it gets worse before it gets better" mode. Rearranging the piles into different places just so I could get to the table.

My new set-up


I sew almost every day. I do something in this room - every.single.day. Stitching, sorting, reading, dreaming. I do NOT quilt everyday, not even every week.
I love having my Big Board ironing station on the longarm - perfect height.
My cutting mat is cut the same width and sits (and moves easily) right there too.
Hopefully, this is the perfect solution to space issues 
AND
more hopefully - does not become a horizontal-surface-dumping-station.










No comments: