Friday, September 18, 2020

IOWA

 My Cute Husband and I safely traveled to Des Moines, Iowa. I say, "safely" because we have been home and healthy for 2 weeks. Southwest Airlines is keeping all middle seats empty and everyone was required to wear a mask. 


We saw a few - Bridges of Madison County


I think you have to be a certain age to "get it" OR be from Iowa
They are certainly proud of their Bridges.

AND ... I had no idea 
Birth place of John Wayne!
His parents moved to CA when he was only 5 years.
Again ... Iowans are very proud!


Of course there were a couple of quilt shop stops.
I have the best husband - he finds the best places to stop and shop.


The whole point of this trip was for a family wedding. During initial planning, the guest list was 150. Due to Covid, my poor niece and her new husband had to cut it down drastically. There were 30 guests and it was all outdoors.
The weather was lovely.
The bride was beautiful and we had a great time.


We spent a whole day wandering around the grounds of the capital in downtown Des Moines.


And not just quilt shops ... we managed to find a couple of yarn shops too. It was actually cold on this (our last) day. Thankfully, I brought a couple of handknits with me.
I did NOT bring shoes and socks!


I did my bit to help support the local economy!
Fabric, yarn, a couple of patterns and, because I'm a good Grammy ...
a couple of children's books.

Yes, the books are about quilts and were purchased at the Iowa Quilt Museum.







No comments: