Saturday, June 6, 2020

Fall 2019 Swap

In my attempt to catch-up and be current ... not an easy task for me ... here a few things that happened recently.

 I cranked a tube on my CSM - Circular Sock Machine. I have and NZAK - New Zealand Auto Knitter. I have not figured out all the parts yet, but I can knit a tube. I then have to hand knit (which I love) the toe and the heel and sometimes the cuff.


Like any good self-respecting quilter, I used up some scraps - lots of scraps - of yarn. I cranked a tube using up bits and pieces of other socks. There will be heels, toes and cuffs added to these.




 I participated in a block swap with a group of ladies from my FL guild. I guess I've established a Swap Bee down here! We did 2 rounds of swaps back in the fall ... 4-patches and pairs of 1/2-square triangles. I used a Bonnie Hunter layout - Jewel Box Stars.


The string block border was made from a stack of blocks that have been sitting in my scary closet for a couple of years. I can not believe I have lived in Florida long enough to use the phrase, "for a couple of years" and it's about something I made living here!

4 years ago - May 1, 2015, My Cute Husband, Rocky the cat, my Mom and I arrived here in FL from MD and yes ... still loving it!

No comments: