Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Relay for Life

Pints and Purls
Our knitting group has a Relay Team. This is the 3rd year we have participated.
A few members couldn't make this year
We walk (some)
We eat (some)
We knit (a lot)
We laugh (a lot)


My contribution to fund raising was this quilt.


It was well received and the winner was very excited.

So far April has been a bit crazy.
We are in the middle of a bathroom reno … so much dust! Mom has been displaced to the guest room while her bathroom is updated and made more accessible … walk-in shower!
I have to stay close to home while this is going on.
The workmen have so many questions ...
want the tile vertical or horizontal?
want the accent here? or here? or here?
towel bar high? or low?
grout color?

And in typical Florida laid-back fashion, they arrive around 10 a.m, take a lunch break and work until about 4 (most days). Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since this fun project started. I am actually hopefully that by the end of this week, we MIGHT have a working bathroom for Mom.

Staying close to home means … SEWING! 
I am current on my 365 challenge.
My Mini Trip to Market Square blocks are done. Still need to make it a top.
My guild "strip" is almost done. Needs some embroidery.
My 1/2-square swaps are done (80 blocks)
My Crazy Quilt blocks are mostly prepped.
Dear Daughter has a backing made. Still needs to be quilted.
My sweater KAL which ends soon (it might have already ended) is close to done.
My April socks … 25% done.

That's a lot of "almost" and "mostly". 
I need to move some things to the DONE column.

No comments: