Tuesday, March 26, 2019

It Did Bring JOY!

The whole KonMari thing … I think that's what it's called
it definitely has it's merits.
The down side ...
most anything fiber related brings me
JOY!

I haven't really ever used these bias-turning tools.
In theory, they're great but I never have been much for needle-turn applique.

ok … I did make a really big almost-all needle turned quilt.
But - generally ...
I go for fusible-machine-stitched applique.

anyway ...
I own these and couldn't really part with them.


I'm so glad I've saved them for years!
I'm working on the last part of
Dear Daughter.
The border calls for 4 vines with a flower and I thought about these tools and decided to give them a try.  I think my skills have improved and I'm much more patient with myself, my fabric and my projects.


I'm not entirely positive that I'm using them correctly.
I did manage to make 100" of bias vine.

I used the double-sided sticky tape that was in the bag.
So far, so good.

Now, I have to actually stitch the vine.

Kid#1 is going back to MD today, but she'll be back for 
Gram-sitting next month.


No comments: