Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Zach's Saltbox Serenade

Another quilt is done! It's pieced and quilted and squared up … that counts as done in my book … for now. It is on binding island, to be DONE in the very near future - at least by Zachary's birthday!


It was really easy piecing but NOT very intuitive. I had to refer to the pattern a lot. And there was still some stitch, rip, repeat going on.


I got the book from my Florida guild's Recycle Station for $1.00.
Now that the quilt is done - the book will be going back.
I really like the quilt.
It's great for a boy who will love it and most probably wear it out.
The book does not bring me joy … it served it's purpose.


Zach's color choice was blue and orange. I had an almost complete layer cake (Primitive Gatherings) and some yardage. I used some blue scraps to fill in and even pieced some of the squares to make them 10".

12 big blocks made from five 10" squares.


I like a busy back - some willy-nilly piecing.


And … it's ready to be bound.



1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I love your quilt, simple but nice.
That would be a fun idea for free motion practice, too.

Debbie