Tuesday, December 4, 2018

It Really Is OK!

Just as I am the one who has to think about
"what's for dinner?"
EVERY SINGLE DAY

I am also the one who thinks about
"what's for Christmas?"
EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

And … I am NOT complaining
just explaining.

This year, I'm once again in the frenzy of
"getting ready!!!!"

And I'm making some changes!
The annual tradition of decorating Christmas cookies - revised.
I LOVE doing this with family members - even the years that the doing part from family is simply eating the cookies.
Someone usually humors me and helps. When all else fails, My Cute Husband will step up.
This year … 
I buying cookies from a little local bakery that I love!
WIN WIN WIN
1. My Cute Husband gets his favorite frosted sugar cookies.
2. No one has to be strong-armed into helping me AND bonus - I don't have to do it all by myself.
3. The pressure is off and I have more time for all the other unrealistic expectations that I set for myself.

I have made progress on a new quilt that I thought just had to be a Christmas gift. I had almost a whole layer cake from years ago.



I did have to add a little bit of coordinating fabric.
4 blocks are done.
Not sure what the layout will be, when there's 24 blocks done, I'll arrange them and decide.


Realistic Christmas decision … this will be a birthday present in 2019!

Pretty shawl, started last summer - DONE!


For 2 days, I had NOTHING on the needles. I started another shawl (it's on hold).
 Christmas expectation …
a hat will be on the needles this afternoon.
I do have 2 grandies teen boys, that I just found out - love hats!

OK … maybe it's a NOT a Realistic Christmas expectation that I can get 2 done.


No comments: