Friday, December 14, 2018

Gift via Sewing Machine

Year ago - mid-90's, my mom started a bit of sewing (again). She sewed for her 4 daughters when we were little (think 1960's) and then switched to yarn … I come by it honestly. Out of 4 daughters and 3 granddaughters, I am the only fiber-obsessed offspring.

Sew - she made what we fondly call "Little Dresses". She made a lot of little dresses. In fact, anyone who showed even a mild interest got one. And then she stopped.

They were (are) the best … around the house, beach cover-up, it's too hot for clothes, I'm not in my pj's, bra is off for the day kind of garment.

I still have her patterns. The copywrite date is 1995. She had (I have) multiples of the exact same pattern. She liked to have a separate pattern for EACH size.



Goofy#2 (my youngest sister) made some very not-so-subtle hints that her little dresses were really getting worn out. Of everyone, she wears hers the most … pretty much every single day - after work, the bra comes off and the dress is donned.

Sew … I made her 2 for Christmas. I picked some pretty wild fabric from the never-ending stash. Please note - these dresses are usually not worn out in public. YES … they do have pockets!



4 yards of fabric GONE from the stash and (I hope) a happy sister on Christmas.


No comments: