Sunday, November 4, 2018

Updated Table and Staple Gun Issues

My  Cute Husband is self-described as "not-handy" … and he isn't wrong.  
Over the years, he has figured out some household handyman stuff but mostly, he'd rather hire it out and have it done correctly. 
 Once he installed a new toilet, sink and bathroom flooring … 
it took ALL SUMMER.

Sew … when I set out to recover my TV tray table ironing board, 


I knew I needed a staple gun,
and
turns out, we don't have a staple gun.
No problem … #2SonInLaw IS handy and does have a staple gun.


Admittedly, I did not read the instructions
printed right on that thing.

See the arrow?
I assumed that's where the staples are PUT IN.
NO
That's where they come out!

AND
Do not attempt to staple gun on a stool.
It's way to wobbly.


When I orginally made the GREAT next-to-the-sewing-machine Ironing Table, it was at a retreat and someone else brought the staple gun.
My good friend Amalia placed a penguin on my table.


His head got cut off
because …
We can NOT have cute penguins in our house.
We are Capitals Fans.

It's a hockey thing.

Anyway …
My Cute Husband came home while I was in the middle of this struggle and helped. 
I held and pulled and smoothed out the fabric and he wielded the gun.

Turns out, it was much easier with 2 people.

TA-DAH!!!


I left the penguin … we just covered him up









No comments: