Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Happy Almost Thanksgiving!

Seems like every time I start to write a post, I want to start with … 

Busy busy busy!!

Aren't we all? Makers are busy people. Moms are busy people.
Life is busy.
Sew … I'm not special, I'm just busy!

I've been working on a Seaside Piecemakers Guild Challenge. It's not due until January. I have time but I'm anxious to get it done.
I'm loving it!
The challenge?
Use a panel.  That's it … just use a panel. No other rules.

I'm surrounding my flower panel with Crossroads blocks.
So far …


There will be a teeny black sashing - because the blocks are a teeny bit smaller than the panel.
The math didn't work quite right.
Then?
Maybe a bigger black border and some piano keys for the outer border.
Not quite sure what will be next.

My Christmas poinsettia from last year (purchased at Home Depot), did not die.
It's just been hanging out on our back patio. I water it (sometimes).
I never expected it was going to live, but it did.
And …
it's starting to turn red!!


I've been puttering in the sewing room, doing a little of this and that. 
I'm still using up some old stash.


Mostly … 
I've been cuddling the sweetest little grandie in the whole wide world.

I've been trying (and failing) at bonnet making. 
Suggestions for a pattern are welcome.

I did make the cutest crochet slouch hat.
Isn't she wonderful?!!


I am so thankful that we moved to Florida and this little peanut joined our family.

Happy Thanksgiving!!



No comments: