Thursday, November 29, 2018

Good Bye to November

OMG!
How is it that tomorrow is the last day of November?

What the HECK!!

I had jury duty. Thankfully, it lasted just 1 day.  1 very long day.
I was called and had to sit through Voir Dire (I'm quite sure that spelling may not be correct), but I didn't get picked.
And so ended jury duty.



We bought a new Christmas tree. We did NOT shop on Black Friday. We shopped instead on Sunday! We have very tall ceilings in our house, 14 feet high.
We decided we really could do with a tree that was taller that 6'.
It is up, but not decorated yet.


We celebrated Thanksgiving, in the traditional manner - cook for 2 days, eat for 20 minutes, clean up for an hour.
This is the beginning and the end of our meal.


Here's a quilt back ...


and a quilt front!
My Flying Strings Quilt, from several years ago is no longer hanging out on Binding Island.
It's DONE!!
Now - if it only had a home.


I finished knitting this pair of socks, while on jury duty.
They are headed to MD to a grandie.
She says that my handknit socks
"are perfect for ice skating."
Can't argue with a 13 year old that thinks handknit socks are perfect!!


I made a sweater.
again
This is the 2nd time I've made this pattern.
It's perfect for the VERY occasional days we get chilly in Florida.


Also … I helped the 17 year old grandie make a puppet for her English class. 
It was not pretty, but it was functional.
When you get a call at 8:30 on Sunday night for a puppet on Monday morning …
well, like I said, it wasn't pretty.
BUT...
She did proclaim that I provided the PERFECT button!
When a 17 year old is so pleased with the PERFECT button?
Take that as a win!

She was pretty amazed by my button collection. The monk from Canterbury Tales never had a better button/necklace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you still don't have a "Home" for your quilt, we'll take it for Bingo.