Friday, May 11, 2018

It's Friday!

There is a Friday Finish!!! 

HURRAY for me!

I finally finished my shawl. It's made with handspun yarn that I made ... on my spinning wheel a couple of years ago. 




I added the mustard yellow. First because I needed more yarn and second - I picked that color because it wasn't a "safe color."  I wanted something unexpected.


It's DONE and going with me next weekend on a knitting cruise.

I also did some sewing prep.  My "Do It In 2018" bin has not been touched. Finally this week, I decided it was never going to just happen. Sew - I better just dig in and do something.

This is an old Pat Sloan kit. My friend, Donna, passed it on to me several years ago.  I really like "Old Pat Sloan" stuff.  Like everyone, her style has evolved. Her older stuff is still my favorite.


All traced, cut, and fused.  Now I have to machine applique it all down.  In the meantime, it can hang right here and look pretty.


For our anniversary, My Cute Husband bought us kayaks. We'll be traveling the waterways around here real soon.  We still need paddles (hopefully this weekend).


New adventures for us!


No comments: