Thursday, March 8, 2018

Spinning Buttons?

Never ever did I think this quilt would be DONE this week.  Sewing on 280 buttons was going to take me a LONGLONGLONG time.  Or not!!


The pinwheels range from teeny blocks


up to 4" blocks


and they ALL got a button.

I was sewing these little suckers on by hand ... averaging about 10 per day.  Yesterday, while texting with my MD bee - they were having a sew day - Carrie asked why I wasn't sewing the buttons on by machine.

DUH!!!

I looked and Holy C@#$ - I have a #18 foot for my beloved Bernie.


SEW much easier and SEW much faster!

All the buttons are DONE!

Binding was a breeze.


A great Navy stripe and I even matched it.




I thought this finish was MAYBE going to be next month.  It is DONE!!!


LOVE my BeeMates!













3 comments:

Quilting Nan said...

Love everything about that quilt!

Kat said...

Awesome quilt! Such a cool design!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Such a fun, bright and whimsical quilt!! I love your button solution but even using a machine...it's still an ambitious endeavor!