Friday, February 2, 2018

Happy Ground Hog's Day

Hello Blog! 
For the last 2 days, I've been busy in my happy place doing stuff ... not finishing anything but making progress, prepping and planning stuff.

I'm still a week behind on my mystery sock KAL but progress was made today ... after a few frogged attempts.  It really does help to read and follow the pattern.


2 more blocks are ready to be stitched! These are # 21 and 22 of 24.  I do still have the 4th border to start (and finish).


I unearthed these string blocks from a the depths of a scrap bin.  I know for a fact I did not make them. They were stitched onto wax paper - I've never done that.  But here they are. I plan to make 2 more and then do some flying geese sashing.  The inspiration was from Pinterest. They will hang here on my design wall for a while. Of course, there's a good chance that once I get started on making 2 more blocks, I might end up with 5 more.


Yesterday I build a quilt back. They always take longer than I think it will.  I pieced in a few spare pinwheels. Loaded and ready for some Handiquilter magic. I hope to get this quilted and bound in the next week (or so.) 


February is already a great month!


No comments: