Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Deadlines

Self-imposed deadlines ... are they hopes? goals? dreams? suggestions?

I'm pretty good with deadlines, even self-imposed deadlines.  They help me stay on track and I LOVE tracking. I am a bit competitive ... mostly with myself.  Keeping up with my tracker is a great motivator to complete things. I track all kinds of things, just so I can color in that little box. I have flossed every single day in January, and colored in that box.

Wow - see that? I love my tracker so much that I totally got off track on this blog post about deadlines.

Anyway ...

January is almost done. Just this week, I finally feel like I'm ready to start 2018. Here's how I'm doing on some deadlines.

Kim McLean's Flower Garden - not way behind but still behind. 22 blocks by the end of January. This is block 19.  Block #20 is almost done. The goal was to complete the top by mid-March ... not happening. I haven't even started Border #3.


Spinning Out of Control
on track for the deadline
I love this quilt!
All of the pinwheel blocks were made from leftover cut-offs of 1/2-square triangles.  I've been stitching them leader/ender style for YEARS. This quilt has been in my head for almost as long. The littlest pinwheel finishes at 3/4", the largest 3 3/4". The finished blocks are 4".
My deadline was a completed top by the end of January 2018. I will be adding a small (2"??) border, hopefully today (or maybe Wednesday).


Churn Dash Swap
ahead of the deadline
I wanted to make 30 by the end of this month. I have 42 finished. These little cuties finish at 3" and will be swapped with my Bee-mates in MD. I need a total of 60 by mid-March.


Other deadlines ...
1. Hitofude Cardigan, knitting class. I finished my homework last night, class is this afternoon - right on track.

2. Mystery sock knit-a-long. I have some work to do before the end of the week. I might make it.  And to be fair - this deadline (weekly not monthly) is for complete the assignment on 1 sock but I have (so far) managed to the knitting on 2 socks.

3. Seaside Piecemakers Mystery BOM - completed behind, way behind, like - never going to catch up behind.  Clue #8 was released last week. I have completed Clue #1.

4. 2018 BOM - I've joined 2 this year, both wool applique. I have printed off the 1st pattern for each of them and they are sitting nicely on the table. There is no way these will even get started before the end of the month. But ... there's always next month!

These are my January deadlines. I'm actually quite happy with how things stand today.  I have a couple more days and 11 more months to go.

PS
I am now getting my tracker out and coloring in the box for BLOG.

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

Those are wonderful blogs and nice to set goals, though I am horrible at keeping up with things, lol.

Debbie