Friday, February 9, 2018

Good Idea?

It seemed like a good idea at the time. I'll quilt all the "white" space and not quilt the pinwheels.


Then, I will hand stitch a button in the center of each pinwheel.



There are 384 pinwheels in this quilt.  I have a lot of buttons.
Hand stitching through all the seam allowances, fabric and batting ... it is a very slow process. I definitely need to wear a thimble.

I still think it's a good idea! 
It's just going to take a little time.

I managed to use a few more pinwheel blocks on the back!


AND ...
I am no longer "saving" fabric for some future WOW quilt.  I love this fabric with the words and have had it for YEARS!  It is now in a quilt.


Sew ...
1. I used 1536 half-square triangles that I have been "leader/ender" sewing FOREVER.
2. I used 10.5 yards of fabric to make this quilt.
3. NO fabric was purchased to complete this quilt.
4. Scraps and yardage are gone from the stash.

AND ...
it's a fabulous quilt!!


Here's my first "Curiosity Quilted the Cat" block that I did not show in the last post.


AND ...
I finally casted on a couple of toes. I'm attempting knee socks for leftover bits of sock yarn.  At least that's my plan.


Sometimes a good idea really is a
GOOD IDEA!



No comments: