Sunday, January 21, 2018

Change the Plan

Growing up (and still today) my girls heard me say, over and over ... "You have to have a plan. You can always change the plan, but you have to have a plan."  Sometimes the plan does need changing.

My plan to have all my Christmas fabric in 1 bin, before putting it away - has changed.  I'm done with Christmas sewing for now.  I've made 14 placemats and 1 table runner.

This set of 4 was Pinterest inspired.  I challenged myself and some Bee-mates to actually make something they had pinned.   I "pin" a lot and don't ever actually do anything with them.  Now I have.


This set is a free pattern from Connecting Threads.  The snowman floats on the background.


Sew ... I'm done (for now).  I want to make 10 more placemats but it's time to move on.


OK ... just realized ... I'm not exactly moving on. I'm moving back to other languishing projects.  I'm sewing sleeves on finished quilts for the Seaside Piecemakers quilt show.  I'm back at my never-ending applique quilt. And ... I might manage to get something done from the "Do This in 2018" bin.

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful mats, love the trees.
I am working on Christmas all year, need quilts and that is the only way I can get them done, hopefully;)

Debbie