Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A Quilter Who Knits

It's been said before and it's still true ... I am a Quilter Who Knits!  There has been more of one than the other around here lately.

Today I did do some stitching. A few of us from the Applique Addicts group get together on the occasional Tuesday morning to do a little hand stitching.  I've missed the last couple of gatherings.  In fact ... I've missed them all this summer.  I made it today!


I have been making slow progress on a birthday gift quilt.  Ruler work ... not my favorite.


I can't decide if I should do more of it ... will practice make me like it more? Or less of it ... if I don't love it why keep trying?  Such a dilemma.

ahhhh ... but the knitting.  I'm in knitting mode this week and loving it.  It was a great mail day.  This is the next shawl I will be casting on - hopefully this weekend.


Yesterday, I couldn't resist casting on another pair of socks.  I've joined a "Scary Sock Spooktactular" event. We will be knitting Halloween inspired socks from now through October.  

AND ... there will be prizes.


I am still working on another pair of socks - OK, I'm working on A sock, and someday it will have a partner.  And, I'm still working on the border of the Cupcake Shawl.  

Yes,  lots of knitting!!



No comments: