Monday, July 10, 2017

SEW DAY

Busy today and NO new starts.  I really wanted to start a Nickel Quilt ... I probably will start one soon. I have a lot of red and blue 5" squares that are asking to become a QOV ... but not today.

I've been doing a lot of handwork lately but today was all about my sewing machine. I'm finally adding the border to the 2016 Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  I have all the parts, just need to stitch them.  And I did have a few ... OOOPS ...


Then on to my Guild Circle's BOM ... Snake in the Grass.  This is the August block. I need 24, I have one finished.



I put some of June and July blocks up on the design wall to see how the fabrics are playing together.  My goal is BUY NO FABRIC. At least ... buy no fabric for this project.


I started piecing and prepping 1.5" squares for sashing on my Kim McLean Flower Garden quilt.  This is blocks 9 and 10.  I'm up to date!


I'm leaving my Bonnie Hunter quilt right here on my sewing chair.  This will (hopefully) inspire me to finish the top and bottom borders.  I have a plan to quilt this before I finish piecing it


I'm not sure how this will work ... but ... I have a plan!




No comments: