Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Startitis

Hurray for new projects!

I have this theory ... how the heck can I participate in UFO challenges if I don't have UFO's? The blocks for 2 batiks quilts are done and put away (for now).  If I go to my MD guild retreat in November, I might need a project to work on. OK ... really - I just couldn't resist starting some new things this week.

A new felted bag! This is for a knitting class I'm taking. It's called: Catography. I've never done stranded color work. It will end up being big and floppy and then it will get felted.


Seaside Piecemakers are changing up the BOM. This year we're doing a mystery BOM. All I have, so far, is the fabric colors and quantities. BONUS - all from the stash.


There was a brief stash dive and almost a shopping trip.


I did finally manage to find fabrics for another project. This Sew-along is also supposed to be a BOM. It's not a mystery. It's a Linda Hahn pattern called Snake in the Grass. I received the whole pattern and am currently working on July blocks, with fabric lined up already for August.


But wait ... there's more ...

There will be a member/teacher class at my quilt meeting this Friday. It's a modern 3/4 log cabin. We were told to bring some solids.  I think I can do that.


Sew - that's 3 new quilt projects and a knitting project started this week.


No comments: