Sunday, April 2, 2017

D.O.N.E.

Good morning! I have a DONE! I always love having a DONE! This one almost wasn't a DONE. I'm calling this quilt: Coins Squared (but not with the word "squared", with a little "2" ... like in math).



I started this quilt in anticipation of going to my guild retreat in February. I had a small pile of rectangles, and then cut a gagillion more.  I had to rethink the sashing - original plan did not work.  Then there were more scraps to make the piano key border ... all good.

Then I quilted it ...


Did you see the problem?


How about now?


yeppers  ... forgot to quilt one sashing strip.  Man ... I hate it when THAT happens.! And here she sat, while I contemplated my options.


I can do this on my sewing machine - maybe. It wasn't as good as I can make HandiQuilter magic.


But ... it's DONE.





1 comment:

Warm Quilts said...

This is lovely and colorful - with a great border, too. Kudos to you for figuring out how to quilt that single sashing strip!