Thursday, January 7, 2016

No Rush

This sweater was "finished" on February 11, 2014.  I wore it at my quilt guild retreat the following week.  And admitted to myself, what I knew all along, the sleeve cap was screwed up ... think 1980's ... A sweater with puffy sleeves.  I don't know if I screwed it up or the pattern was wrong.  Either way, I was NOT wearing it again.

After a couple of weeks, (still back on 2014) I bit the bullet ... ripped out the neckline and both sleeves and a bit of the yoke (front and back).  Then I redid the yoke.  End of story.

January 2016 - this sweater has been sitting in my knitting basket right next to me - everyday for almost 2 years!!!!

I WILL knit 2 sleeves.  I WILL knit 2 sleeves.  I WILL knit 2 sleeves.

Progress



In 7 months we will be heading south to year-round warm weather.  I WILL wear this sweater without puffy sleeves at least once ... maybe.

My dear creative friend Cappy has been busy on a potter's wheel and made me an awesome yarn bowl.  Even in our creative endeavors ... it is still all about the accessories!  



No comments: