Friday, January 15, 2016

Bags Bags Bags

Over the next couple of months, I'm teaching a series of BAG classes.  Each one of different  - in looks, in techniques and in intended purpose.  Of course, that should always be the case ... Your bag, your choice.

Looks - can always change - fabric and options ... Your bag, your choice.
Techniques - options and embellishments ... Your bag, your choice.
Purpose - for me ... that's always changing. One day it holds knitting and I'm going to a hockey game. The next day, pens and notebook and I'm off to a Zentangle class.

Fast Fat Quarter Bag ... I've already changed the pocket options on the inside.


Grab 'n Go Clutch ... I changed to a slightly boxed bottom. Next time - I'm skipping the handle. Don't even get me started on embellishment options.  This one is perfect for the times when I don't want/need to lug my purse. This pattern (included in the class) has a great way for installing the zipper - wish I had thought of it!


My favorite (today) ... The Improv Patchwork bag. Improvisational piecing plus quilt-as-you-go. I really wanted a red bag. It's a great stash buster.  I'm still tweaking the inside pockets ... I love a good inside pocket!


Check out the dates at Spring Water Designs.  Join me for some BAG Building.  Improve your Mad-Bag skills.

PS ... There is a 4th one in this series ... Using the Handiquilter!  No experience needed and you don't need to own an HQ.  This will be your chance to play on the big machines AND make a bag. The sample? As soon as I get my current quilt off the frame and make the BAG.




No comments: