Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Road Trip

The sewing buddies and I took a little road trip up into Delaware yesterday. It was a delightful day - we talked and laughed and drove (I drove, they knitted) and enjoyed the countryside. We had lunch and dinner out and visits several quilt shops.

Peggy's Sewing Center in Centerville, MD
It's sure not much on the outside but inside we were treated to a mini quilt show. Last year the BOM program was The Farmer's Wife Sampler. 14 completed quilts finished in time for hanging and showing in the shop. It's fun to see quilts from the same pattern in different fabrics - all lovely.

Island Yarn in Chester, MD
We started the day at Peggy's and ended the day at Island Yarn. The yarn shop is going out of business - sadly. Everything was on sale - happily. I picked up a skein of sock yarn, but I think it will be a Smoke Ring Cowl. I also got a couple of Nakked Skeins - more Kool Aid dying!!

I'll fill in the middle of the day later.





No comments: