Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Twisted Strings

You've been reading about this here and here. And now ...


All done - quilted and bound.

I used several different quilting techniques - 3 different motifs and some ruler work.  I need more practice with the ruler work.

Not 1" of fabric was purchased for this quilt.

It's all stash and some of it it's pretty fun.

And it all works!

I made a couple of changes to the inspiration design from Bonnie Hunter. The biggest being - she called for all strips to measure 2 1/2" wide. Nope, not me - I simply sewed strips together until the strip set equalled 8 1/2" and went from there.  More variety that way and more strings got used.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your scrappy quilt!!!!