Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Travel Journal

In March, my quilty friend Lisa and I attended a week long class with Sue Spargo. I LOVE Sue's work.  She does folk art without the primitive part and she does fab-o hand embroidery.

Here's my Travel Journal ... 


All the places we've lived are represented. Alaskan salmon, FLorida gator, Maryland black-eyed Susan,


Scottish sheep and thistle,





Lots of opportunity for stitching


And - state birds: RI - red rooster, AK - ptarmigan, MD - oriole, ME - chicadee


The owl? He was just cute so I included him.  I'm already making notes for my next travel journal quilt.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

This is a fun piece to do for a class, lucky you.
I like the idea of adding the state birds and animals you saw, goes so beautifully with the tree theme.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Your travel journal is just super.... esp like the birds!

Linda said...

What a unique idea. Love your needlework and the variety of fabrics.