Friday, February 10, 2012

FRIDAY FINISH

Lu is finished! Well ... she's finished up to "stage 2".  She's quilted but not yet bound.  Sadly (not) I'm going to have to go fabric shopping for binding. I just don't have anything (or rather enough of anything) that looks good on her.  And, equally sad, I don't have a photo of her quilted yet.  Next week ... a final finish and a photo ... promise!

In the mean time, after I got Lu all quilted and squared up, I felt like doing some mindless sewing.  Let me back up a bit ... I did some mindless spinning which is VERY humbling so I needed to do something I know I'm good at ... mindless sewing.

I made a few string blocks ...

To go along with these Thangles blocks I made a long time ago ...

I wanted to audition them together.  And here they are ...
I do believe they play quite nicely together. Sew - this is what might be on my design wall while I practice spinning.  I really need the "feel good" that successful sewing brings because I'm not getting it from unsuccessful spinning.

Tonight I'm going to a "Sit 'n Spin" group for mentoring. I'm determined to conquer this thing.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Enjoy your spinning class, I can't wait to see some of your yarn! Let me know when your hitting the fabric store, maybe we can meet up :)