Monday, January 16, 2012

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

This is on my design wall right now. It's a BOM from Elsie Campbell, called: Love Knows No Season.

 This is what's on my table ... lots and lots of 1/2 square triangles.
I haven't counted them and I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with them but they'll be used as some sort of pieced sashing to go with the "LOVE" blocks.
I was gifted the already cut triangles and have been sewing them together for about a year, in between other stuff (leader/ender style). There's a couple hundred of them!

The blocks are all appliqued (not usually my thing) and embroidered.


My mom's 80th birthday is in March. I really want to give her this (finished) as a birthday gift.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

This is beautiful!
Your mom is going to love it!

Angie in SoCal said...

Gorgeous! Your mom is going to love it.

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful BOM. I love it. Your mom will be all smiles when she sees this.
I have become a "FOLLOWER" of your blog. Hope to visit often.
Take care.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Your mother will LOVE this quilt for her birthday! What a special gift. Beautiful!

Donna said...

Your mom will love the quilt. Your work is stunning!

Shelia said...

Lucky mom, this is gorgeous. Wonderful applique and embroidery work.

Kristen said...

Beautiful quilt blocks!