Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ON THE ROAD TO QO

Donna and I headed off last weekend to Hershey, PA for our annual trip to Quilt Odyssey. Along the way we made a slight detour into Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand. These 2 small towns pack in a LOT of quilting.

Among other places, we made a stop here ...
 The shop is in the basement of the house.  Along the driveway are beautiful flowers. In the yard, clothes line is strung and quilts hang on display.
 Lots of quilts hang on display.
 Lots and lots of quilts hang on display.
 It was like going to a quilt show on the way to a quilt show ... such a lovely surprise!

This was hanging on the door of one of the shops ...
For once, we were very restrained. I only bought 4 yards of fabric from the various shops where we stopped. And then we arrived at Quilt Odyssey.

Donna did a wonderful job telling the story of Hershey Lodge and the show. Go HERE and read it.  My camera managed to stay in the bag for most of the weekend.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Did you get to go to Burkholders? I love that store! I had so hoped to go to the show this year, but just too much going on here at home. I'm glad you had a good time!