Thursday, July 28, 2011

SCRAPPY VS SCRAPPY

When is a scrappy quilt really a scrappy quilt?
Wow ... ok, is that too profound?

I was thinking about scrappy quilts lately ... actually, I'm always thinking about scrappy quilts because scrappy quilts are my favorite kind of quilt.

My quilt bee made this quilt for our guild's Quilt Bingo. 10 women contributing strips of fabric from their stash.  We did have a "color feel" and specifics on the neutrals but it's definitely scrappy.

The background of this quilt is scrappy but it's "controlled scrappy" and the blooming roses - very scrappy.

 This quilt is made from scraps but the fabrics aren't scrappy because they are regularly repeated, specifically chosen and kitted from the same fabric line.  I would say that although made from scraps ... not scrappy.

This one ... lots of variety for the kitties but not scrappy.  Too darn cute, though!

 This one is called, "Big Quilt of Many 2" Squares," a true scrappy quilt. Although slightly controlled in color (autumnal), after cutting a gajillion 2" squares and a million 2x4" rectangles, I pretty much just pulled from a bag and started making 4-patches and it grew from there.


This one - not scrappy. It was 20 different fat quarters, it's a scrappy look but it was planned out.


My Christmas Tree quilt - definitely scrappy. The trees are scrappy and the strippy blocks are scrappy. Another quilt that was made by pulling fabrics out of a bag and sewing whatever came next.

I'm heading off to Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA for the rest of the week/weekend. I haven't figured out how to add photos to my blog from my ipad. I'll catch up on Monday.  See ya!!

3 comments:

Kathy MacKie said...

Love them all.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I love scrappy too. Both kinds.

Sharon said...

Have fun...and scrappy quilts are my favorite too!