Sunday, May 8, 2011

THREAD?

I'm often asked what thread do I use, what thread do I like.  There's no easy answer to this - I use lots of thread, in lots of combinations for top and bottom.  I'm not a "thread snob."  I use what works ... in weight and/or color.  I use what's handy.  I use what I have hanging on my thread rack.

However - I usually grab either of these 2 for bobbin thread.  They're strong but thin.  Thin is good ... for thread anyway!  Thin means having to wind fewer bobbins because more thread fits on the bobbin so less winding.

Bottom Line Thread and So Fine

While at MQX last month, I purchased some "new to me" thread called Glide.  It's a poly thread with a nice sheen to it.


The vendor had sampler packs which I love.  A great opportuntiy to try out the thread on different projects without having to commit to a giant cone.

A little charity quilt - DONE!  And it has a really cute backing.  This quilt will be heading to the Hershey Children's Hospital as part of Quilt Odyssey's Hugs and Kisses program.


No comments: