Monday, May 23, 2011

SAME BUT DIFFERENT

First there was this quilt ...

Then there was this quilt ...
 Three years ago, I made Garden Star, a Linda Brannock design.  When I was asked to teach a class, in June, using this pattern (and the Tri-Recs ruler), I decided I better make another one as a refresher.  I've always wanted to make 2 quilts, using the same pattern but make them look totally different.

 I think I did it!  One is very primitive/folk-arty and the other very modern/urban chic looking.  The applique is more subtle on the second one.  Kits are available for these and if you're interested ... I'd love to have you join us for the class.  Call And Sew It Goes!
Quilt #2 hasn't been quilted yet - I'm trying to decide if I should make it bigger.  I'm thinking a piano key border and then a final outside border. 

Suggestions?

4 comments:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I love the colors in your newest one. I think a piano key boarder would be 'sew' fun! It is neat to see pictures of the two quilts, looking completly different. That is a lovely quilt pattern.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.net

Carol said...

I'm a quilter who knits, too. I love the variations and the added applique.

Stopping in from Fabric Tuesday. My link is http://carolburris.com/quilting/another-mini-quilt-top/ ‎

Angie said...

awesome - isn't it neat to see the various arrangements of the same block!

Quiltstory said...

Beautiful I love the detail. Thanks for linking to Quilt Story :)