Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A SHAWL BUT NO DRESS

Not a great start to my day.  I'm leaving town on Thursdsay to go to RI for a family wedding ... and I have no gift and nothing to wear and I HATE shopping.  REALLY really HATE shopping.  Had a 9:00 nail appointment and I was late ... couldn't find my car keys anywhere.  Checked pockets, purse, knitting bag - nope, nope, nope.  Called the Cute Husband - no help.  Went to check the car and there they were - just hanging out in the back in the lock for the trunk.  Thankfully, no one thought they should simply help themselves to my car.  So - ran my easy errands - nails, bank, haircut, UPS, putting off the actually shopping because I HATE shopping.

But I do love knitting.  Made this pretty shawl ...
It's open and lacy and now I have to find something to wear with it.  Maybe buying yarn to match an outfit would have been smarter than making the shawl and THEN finding an outfit.

Ya' think?

It does match my rug.  Don't think that helps though.  The braided rug would be a bit bulky to wear.

If I don't blog for a couple of days ... don't panic - I'm still shopping.

5 comments:

Pat said...

HA...been there...done that....panic about what to wear or what gift to give. I don't envy you! The shawl is beautiful, though.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Love this post because I'm right there with you on shopping. (except for fabric)LOL Best of luck to you.
Admire anyone that knits, I only crochet. Beautiful shawl.

Donna Badgett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Badgett said...

How about a Pat Sloan quickie wall hanging? Or set of quilted pillows for the couch? Or wall sconces on either side of a "wall hanging promise" card? His and hers bathrobes (Japanese silky ones)monogrammed with their initials? Shucks -- you have to have something you can carry easily on the plane, don't you? Or mail up to RI. Do you still embroider? Monogrammed sheets and pillow cases or towel sets.
And then there's always a toaster -- you could have it engraved....

Katie M. said...

I wonder??? If they started putting clothing in the fabric stores would we enjoy shopping more? ummm, doubt I'd ever make it to the clothing side, though. Love your shawl, too. Love to knit but have never tried the 'lacy' patterns, may have to rethink that. Safe travels.