Wednesday, March 2, 2011

JERSEY BOYS

My mom came to visit.  We took her to see Jersey Boys ... and it was GREAT!  The guy playing the lead (Frank Valli) is from Tiverton, RI, a town near where I grew up.  We saw him outside the Stage Door after the show.  Mom got his autograph and he was so tickled when we told him we were from Newport.  He told us exactly where he lived (his mom still lives there) and we knew right where it was.  It's a traveling show, Miami is next.  I think he enjoyed meeting some "folks from home." 

We went back to my house (here in MD) and downloaded lots of Frank Valli and the Four Seasons.  Now Mom wants an ipod!

It's been a fun visit.  My mom is NOT an animal lover.  Which is why this photo is so funny.  I took it just to prove that my Rocky will win over anyone.


My Daughter #2 decided she really needed to learn how to crochet.  She picked it up very quickly ...

Harleigh, the Wonder Dog, thought she might like crochet too ... or maybe she just liked the taste of it.

Mom goes back home to Florida this a.m.  This afternoon - I'm back in the sewing room ... photos tomorrow!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Mary,
I've been trying to e-mail you but it bounced back. Shelley and I are ready for our knitting lesson tomorrow. Please e-mail me
Susie

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Cats seem to just sense when someone doesn't like them and will spend lots of energy trying to convince them otherwise - it was that way between our cat and my FIL (the cat won, by the way).

Sharon said...

Sounds like loads of fun going on in your house!

WoolenSails said...

Cats know who to love, lol.
My BIL is not a big cat lover, was always allergic, but the last time they were here, Dora snuggled with him the whole time.

Debbie