Friday, December 17, 2010

DONE DONE DONE

Guess what this is!!!


I'll give you a hint ... this is the back.


And this ...

 is
 the
  front. 

It's done!!!

I'm talkin' DONE ... done as in - finished! quilted! bound! labeled! wrapped! and under the tree!

12 t-shirts, scrappy sashing, inner and outer border.

Started on Monday and finished on Friday.




For some reason, Blogger turned this photo sideways. I purchased this fabric on our TRIP to Sturgis, SD for the big motorcycle rally back in August.  It's a batik and was commissioned special for this year's 70th anniversary.


What a FAB-O feeling to have this quilt DONE!!


And I know for a fact ... the Cute Husband is going to be SO surprised!

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

So surprised and SO PLEASED.... that is a super quilt....

Donna Badgett said...

Steve is going to LOVE that quilt, Mary. Nice going!

Melissa ;-) said...

I love that! How funny your hubby is named Steve. So is mine and I just bought several Harley bandannas that I want to make into a quilt for him. I didn't get the idea in time to make it up for Christmas so he is getting a package of bandannas. Love the way you did the sashing!

Elizabeth said...

Good for you! I am still really amazing by how quickly you put this together. I hope he really loved it. You are an inspiration!

I didn't get my t-shirt quilt finished in time for my husband's birthday. I ordered fabric for the sashing and back on-line, only I ordered the wrong fabric -- it was identical except for it was Air Force and not Navy. I guess I was in a hurry. I was so disappointed when it arrived because even though the shop was gracious enough to do an exchange, all progress stopped. I hope to finish it up soon, though! Thanks for the inspiration!

xo -El

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

Hi ; I found you on Pat Sloan's facebook page ! I LOVE the quilt you made for your husband ; My handsome husband's name is Steve also ! We have not been to Sturgis ; I'd rather go any week but the rally ! I had a Harley tshirt quilt made for him a few years ago ; I like yours with the sashing ! Love the Sturgis fabric - I saw it online !