Tuesday, November 23, 2010

CATCHING UP

I've been quilting a lot and sewing a little, but it's all progress and that's good!  Catching up on my Love Knows No Season block-of-the-month.  I got a little behind, had no idea it was going to have SEW much hand embroidery on the blocks ... some more than others.


It's been a long time since I've done much handwork - except for knitting.  I'm now caught up through October and ready to start (and finish) November.


And ... another little bag.  This one is a Christmas present for my mom.  Did you guess ... she plays cards once a week, all winter.


This has nothing to do with sewing or quilting (or even knitting).  Do you own one of these?  An apple-peeler-corer-slicer?  If you don't ... you need to.  I LOVE this little gizmo.  I'm sort of an "apple pie snob".  I make the best and this thing makes it SO easy.

By the way ... I happen to believe (and I mean - firmly believe) that apple pie should be served warm, in a bowl, with a spoon.

5 comments:

Bridget B said...

Your blocks are beautiful. Also like the card carrier and I do have the apple gizmo. Happy Thanksgiving.

Naturally Carol said...

It will be a special quilt when it is finished. The card carrier is very clever, a good way of keeping all those cards together! I've got an apple peeling thingamebob too, the kids used to love eating the peel when it came off this way, more ap-peeling {groan if you want to!}.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful blocks Mary. And Yumm on Apple Pie :-)

Donna said...

Apple pie - warm for sure - bowl or plate, fork or spoon - and, I do love a bit of sharp cheese melted on top!

Your blocks are stunning! The quilt is going to be Beautiful!

Angie in SoCal said...

Beautiful work!