Wednesday, November 17, 2010

CANDLE COZY

A quick post ... in the spirit of full disclosure.

Karen asked where I got the pattern for this candle cozy ....

 There isn't one.  There are several patterns and tutorials out there for cup cozies.  I just sort of improvised a cup cozy for a candle.  Measure around the candle jar (and add 2").  Meaure the height (keep it below the jar edge - you don't want the cozy to catch on fire!).  After you measure (and add 2" for overlap) add in your seam allowance ... I used 1/4" ... and there you go.  That rectangle measurement IS your pattern. I used a hair tie to stretch across the button for a snug fit. 

Here's a pile of scraps left from the scraps that I used to make my candle cozy and my mug rugs.

 

These scraps were leftovers from a shop sample made 2 years ago ... you've heard me say it before - I do NOT throw stuff away! So - I've made a candle cozy and 4 mug rugs and I still have pieces left ... stay tuned, I'm sure there will be at one more thing made from these.

1 comment:

Karen G. said...

Oh thanks so much!! I can't wait to try it. I'll let you know how I make out. Hope it looks as cute as yours. I know what you mean about not throwing things away. LOL Plenty of scraps :)