Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ON THE WAY TO HERSHEY, PA

Donna and I headed out early Wednesday morning. We were on our way to Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA ... it's a great quilt show, with great classes and lots of vendors. This is always an adventure for us.

Two hours into our trip and we were in Intercourse, PA. Our first stop - a quilt shop, of course. Look what was on the side of the building ... As we were walking along, a woman stopped to chat with us and I could NOT believe it ... Bonnie Hunter (of Leader/Ender fame). How cool is that - a real, published, quilting star! Bonnie was by herself so we invited her to have lunch with us.
The quilt shops (actually most shops) in this area are in really old restored buildings. They are so charming and full of history and old and creeky. We walked into "Bitty Kinna's" and what a surprise - it was bright and shiny and filled with beautiful fabrics, at GREAT prices.

I'll have to save the photos of my purchases for a different post ... and there ARE purchases! Next stop - Hershey, Pennsylvania. The street lights really do look like Hershey Kisses ... a very fun town with a completely chocolate theme.

Classes start tomorrow so tonight ... I spent time in the community sewing room and finally got my new quilt started. My goal was July 1st - only 21 days late. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

It's late and I've got a long and busy day tomorrow. Here's a little Hershey love for you ...







2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm dying to go to the Chocolate Spa in Hershey. Someday . . .

I loved reading about your outing! It sounded so much fun and how neat is that that you got to meet Bonnie Hunter. I LOVE her Irish Chain and that is on my 'bucket' list.

Your new quilt is beautiful! Keep us posted ;).

xo -E

Tracey said...

This show sounds a great place to be,
Let us know how you get on with your new quilt you are making,
Take care