Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A GIANT QUILT

Two years ago I completed the quilting on a stunning quilt. OOOPS - sorry, this is a bit of a tease because I don't have a photo of it, but it was really stunning. The quilt was a bargello made of African prints. While it wasn't "my" style of quilt, I could certainly appreciate the beauty of it. The maker of the top? I had not met her but I did have a very vivid image in my head of what she looked like ... Whitney Houston in the movie "The Bodyguard" ... tall, black, beautiful with flawless skin. And then Ruth came to pick up her quilt - she's a tiny little white lady in her 70's ... boy, was I surprised!

Ruth has been quilting smaller things herself and dealing with lots of "life stuff." She contacted me last week and asked if I could "quilt a giant quilt" for her, and she needed it - like now. Yesteday we met at Old Glory Harley Davidson (I needed new boots) and I picked up the quilt. This is the back ... And this is the front ...
The quilt measures 102" x 117" ... Ruth was correct - it is a GIANT quilt. I spent lots of hours on it in the last 2 days and it's finished! Tomorrow we'll be meeting again somewhere so I can pass it back to her.

No comments: