Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MINI QUILT SHOW

Today I thought it might be fun to show you a few quilts I've made. Think of it as a little sunshine on a cold and cloudy day!

This is a Pat Sloan design that I made for my daughter for Christmas. A little personal message on the back says: "May you always be in your Happily Ever After Place." Best compliment of all - she got teary-eyed when she opened up the gift.
This is the quilt that's on my bed right now. I called this one: BIG QUILT OF MANY 2" SQUARES. It should be obvious how the name was picked. For a year, I sew pairs of 2" squares together in between many other projects. This is a Bonnie Hunter technique called: leaders and enders. In the end: a queen-sized quilt that sort of felt like a bonus! Except for the borders - all scraps.
This last quilt spoke to me the minute I saw it. It's hard to see in the photo. Tomorrow I'll try to upload a large picture. Those sweet little kitty faces were just to hard to resist. I pieced this quilt in 2008 but finally got it quilted last month. Now it hangs in my studio and makes me smile. Hope you enjoyed the mini quilt show!
Mary




2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful quilts Mary. Do you quilt them on your machine, or by hand?

Dawn said...

If you click on the picture, you get a great large view of it ~ just a little bonus :)