Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Machine quilting, part 2

A little bit more about machine quilting ...
Although my HQ16 is my "go to" machine for quilting, sometimes I do use my sewing machine. Using the walking foot, going slower and having BOTH hands on the quilt makes it easier to be really precise.

And the fact that this was a small wallhanging made it easy to quilt. No - alligator wrestling! I made this little quilt for my guild's silent auction. Southern Comforter's of Bowie - our quilt show will be March 20 and 21.

The sunflower panel and most of the fabric is Pumpkins and Spice by Whimsical Threads for Red Rooster. I "heart" all her fabric and books.

Here's another little "quiltlet" that I made for a Valentine Swap that Pat Sloan is hosting. I think she's planning to do a "swap of the month." If you've never done a swap with Pat, you should join in ... it's fun, there's usually some chat going on about what everyone's doing and you get goodies in the mail!




1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love the Sunflowers, and the hearts are really cute!