Saturday, July 10, 2021

All The Things

HOLY MOLY ... Seriously - it's July? 

I know, I know ... everyone says it, I've say it myself ALL the time, but still ... where the heck does time go? It seems to just disappear! That calendar is spinning. I'm really not a particularly busy person. Generally speaking, I do to the dentist 2x a year, the doctor 1x, and the Dermatologist 2x. All for routine stuff. I go to Quilt Guild 2x a month. Other than that, I have no regular standing appointments/commitments. AND ... I'm always busy!

We took our littlest grandie to SeaWorld. That's Gramps and her Mom (Kid#2) on the Cookie Monster ride. Amelia wasn't too sure she if like that ride but she LOVED all the others.  Did you know that all teachers in Florida get into SeaWorld for free, any time they want? What a great resource. We love SeaWorld.


I finished a shawl. Still doing lots of knitting during evening TV. This pattern was pretty simple and easy to do and still follow whatever we happen to be watching.  I loved "Atlantic Crossing" on PBS. LOVED "Schitt's Creek" and we just finished the new season of "Bosch."


The June swaps have been rearranged and are ready to go home. 58 swaps! Everyone is receiving 20 different Blue/Teal/Aqua 5" charms. This month, July, is Green/Olive.


Mangos are in abundance right now here in Florida. I love mangos. Our across-the-street neighbor has an overflowing tree in his front yard. We get all the mangos we can eat ... and I can eat a lot!


My friend Carrie (from MD and now AZ) came to visit with her husband Paul. Marjorie, Carrie and I had dinner with our 3 husbands - John, Paul, and Steve (did you think I was going to say Ringo?). We gals talked QUILTING for hours. Our tolerant husbands ate very yummy chicken cacciatore (Marjorie and John are great cooks) and then watched hockey.


I'm sewing and sewing and sewing and not finishing much. Still trying to get my Solstice Star strips sewn. In the meantime, I've started another quilt using 6.5" squares that is WAY bigger than I planned. That will involve it's very own blog post.

AND ... my iron caught on fire! Yes, it did.
It was making a kind of crackle noise and then smoke started pouring out from the tip between the sole plate and the iron body. My dear Cute Husband grabbed it and put it outside.  I have no idea why he thought the middle of the driveway was the safest place ... maybe he thought it was going to blow up? I wanted to plug it back in for a just a second to get a good picture. My dear Cute Husband thinks I should not be left alone with combustible objects.


Not much quilting talk for a quilting blog. I do have several things in the pipeline. Soon!





No comments: