Saturday, March 27, 2021

And There Was Knitting

 A few more North Star blocks have been added to the design wall. This quilt will take a bit of time to complete - I'm not rushing it. 

There has been evening TV knitting going on ... 

and on ... 

and on ...


I cranked some leftover Christmas yarn and when I added the toes, heels and cuffs - it looks to me like I made Easter socks! And ... by request ... Amelia is getting a pair of "Grammy Socks" in her Easter basket. These are more slippers/house socks than actual - wear in your shoes socks. Amelia (and LOTS of others) got socks for Christmas and loves them.


Handknit socks do look a little weird until there's an actual foot involved. On your feet they look and feel GREAT!

I made a hat. It's called Circle & Square. It's a very unique construction. I wasn't really sure just how it would turn out. Surprise! It was fun and using self-striping yarn worked beautifully.



Here in Florida, I do not have any need for a warm hat. In fact, the only time I ever wear a hat is if we'll be out in sun for any period of time ... beach days, kayaking, playground time. This hat has been added to the Under-the-bed-Christmas-gift box.

And ... there's cranking for future socks.


It is a lovely day - sunny and warm and no humidity. I was planning on sewing a few more North Star blocks but maybe not. I'm thinking some time sitting out on the patio is in order. Now I have to decide ... knit on an in-progress baby sweater (there isn't currently a baby in need of a sweater), start a new project (always fun!), finish a pair of socks (plenty of time until Christmas) or maybe I'll do some hand stitching on a super secret project.











No comments: