Monday, May 10, 2021

Monkey Wrench

 Debby Brown, of Debby Brown Quilts is hosting a year-long quilting class called: Color Blocks. Each month she provides the instructions to complete a quilt using 16-patch blocks. We are now into May (the 5th month of 2021). I have completed 2 quilts - January and March.

My January Color Blocks are on the back of a quilt and I do love a beautiful backside.


For March, Debby called this one - Monkey Wrench. I pulled all sorts of blues and greens and neutrals, all 2.5" squares. I had enough of the blue yardage to use it as a background. I had a couple of fat quarters that made up the border.


And ... of course ... I went with a scrappy backing for this 60" x 60" quilt. Right now it's in Amelia's bedroom. When she was here yesterday for swimming and dinner ... the very first thing she said when she went into her room ... " Grammy - a new quilt!"


ALL of the fabric for this quilt was already in my sewing room - scraps, fat quarters, leftovers, strips and squares. What a great feeling to use it up!! 

AND ... I have made 35 Color Blocks using homespuns and plaids. I might actually make the May quilt - Gem Stones. If not ... there will be an opportunity for 7 more designs using Color Blocks.


No comments: