Monday, April 12, 2021

Rainy Day

 According to The Weather Channel, we have 100% chance of rain today. It's supposed to start at 11:00 (in about 10 minutes) and rain all day until later this afternoon.

That's a whole lot of sewing time! The only other thing on my schedule today - change the bed sheets (done!) and do some laundry (doing!).

I need just 2 more North Star blocks to make 20. I'm going to redesign the sashing. I'm planning to use the little bonus Churn Dash blocks I've been producing as Leader/Enders, not the Friendship Star block. My sashing will measure 4" not the 6" that is suggested in Pat Speth's pattern. I do have to make a ton of flying geese.


My goal today ... 2 blocks, prep the last 10 Churn Dash and cut the fabric for a bunch of flying geese. MAYBE I'll get the bin of homespun put back into the closet!


UPDATE
The rain started around noon and it did rain all day. The laundry got finished and I sewed and sewed and sewed. I did not make flying geese. I made a different plan and got a lot done.


There's still more parts to make but this quilt is close to becoming a TOP!
There's a definite reduction in the homespun fabric bin.




No comments: