Wednesday, January 23, 2019

SSPM Challenge

Seaside Piecemakers Quilt Guild is sponsoring - The Gathering. It's a 2 day event with classes (I'm teaching), sit'n sew, lunch, demos … all things quilty. AND - a challenge.

The challenge is (was) due today. Take a panel and make something with it.  

I'm teaching a class - The Crossroads Quilt and I entered the challenge.

My quilt is DONE! and I turned it in today at the meeting.

Crossroads Garden


2 birds, and all that …
This meets the challenge requirement - a panel.
and
I have a 3rd example of a quilt made with the block I'm teaching.
Multi-tasking at it's best.


I loved (and purchased) this panel 2 years ago.
It's finally a quilt!


Of course - there is a bit of willy-nilly piecing for the back.
That lower right piece I have been "saving" for YEARS.
It brought me joy when I bought it.
It brought me joy to finally use it.


DONE
includes a label and a hanging sleeve.


It turned out a little bigger than I had expected.
Funny how a quilt can evolve.


I'll hang on to this one - for a while.
It might end up as a raffle for Relay for Life.
or maybe gifted?

No comments: