Monday, April 2, 2018

Never Give Up

A LONG time ago ... probably 15 years ... I made 12 blocks using Thangles and a stsrip of 30's repro and a strip of muslin.  It was a BOM offered through Cottonseed Glory, a quilt shop in Annapolis, MD.  I completed all 12 blocks and never got the finishing kit.  The blocks went into the closet.



I pulled them out (maybe 8 years ago) and decided they would look good on-point. I needed 13 (not 12) and managed to squeeze 1 more out of the scraps ... which I wisely kept with the blocks. Then it went back into the closet.

THEN ... at a retreat, I thought how great this quilt would look with flying geese as a sashing! I made a bunch and another year and retreat later, I made a bunch more.



And ... yes, it went back into the closet.

The parts and pieces moved with me to Florida, nearly 2 years ago.  When I unpacked it, I decided this quilt really wanted to be finished.  I added some applique to all that white space and a little border. My intention was to make several borders to make it bigger the easy way.



But ... it wasn't quite ready yet.

THIS WEEK ... IT WAS READY!  And I'm sew very glad that I waited. I guess, I wasn't ready. When I pulled it out of the closet and realized ... it is perfect just the way it is!!


I quilted it with all-over free-motion feathers and LOVE IT!!

There also 60 Prairie Points all folded and pressed stored with the quilt ... guess that's how I planned to finish it. Sew - that is what I'm going to do today.


No comments: