Thursday, March 15, 2018

Almost Spring

It was only 43 degrees this morning ... we had our morning coffee INSIDE! My family and friends up north (New England, especially) are covered in snow - 3 storms in 11 days. Do you really need to ask why we chose to live in Florida?

Spring is coming!!

This year (unlike last year), I remembered that I had Easter decorations.  These needle-felted and wool stitched eggs were sew fun.  But - as usual - my seasonal sewing is terrible.  If I start now, I still won't get much done before Easter.


AND 
This...


While looking in the scary closet for a particular style quilt (One Block Quilts), I came across my Easter eggs and some great quilts that I sort of forgot I even had.

This quilt was a group effort (swap). We (sadly) had to shut down And Sew It Goes - a quilt shop were we had all met and worked and laughed and sewed.
We each made a block that was significant in some way and swapped them.
I bordered my quilt with selvages - couldn't be more significant than THAT!
I do wonder - if anyone else completed their quilt.


The center block was the shop logo. I bordered it with bonus 1/2-square triangle. I did mention that I've been sewing and saving these for years.

The sun is out and it will be in the low 70's today. 
Have a lovely day!!


1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

Its 43 in Wisconsin and we are loving it! Went shopping yesterday, wore a long sleeved T-shirt,no coat. :)