Thursday, April 6, 2017

A Different Kind of DONE

A finish! Hurray for D.O.N.E. During morning coffee, I often work on a crochet project.  Crochet is much more forgiving (for me) than knitting.  I can do it, pre-coffee, while talking and lately ... listening to Mom talk about April the Giraffe.

This yarn was purchased by Kid#2 during a VERY brief, "think I might knit" period in her life about 7 years.  It's been sitting in my sewing room closet for a long time. 


I tweaked the pattern, "Catch the Wave", just a bit, as I wanted to use up all the yarn.  I added an extra border row ... a cute little picot.  And then I started sweating.  Crochet is also easier to rip out than knitting so if I did run out of yarn, taking out that last border would not have been terribly painful. 

But ...
I made it with literally inches to spare.


That was really close!

And then ... the mail came and I got myself a gift.


no idea what I'm going to do with this sweet baby afghan, now that's it's DONE.  Kid#2 does have a friend/co-worker who is having a baby ... might be a gift.








No comments: